Key Skills: Administering large scale database systems – over 1 TB, MySQL and NoSQL DBs
Bayside, New York
Experience : 5 Years
Close Date: March 31, 2021
1. Partner with the data architect and data modeling teams to understand and influence as
necessary the database requirements – logical data models, volumes, transaction types, SLAs,
2. Develop physical database design – physical model, data partitioning strategies, indexing strategies, etc.
3. Define and execute a process for data backups and recovery and online/offline archival.
4. Maintain database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and online storage.
5. Work with development teams to test and tune query performance.
6. Evaluate various cloud storage offerings to help determine the best approach based on cost and performance.
7. Support database administration functions by developing utilities.
8. Maintain the databases in each environment – DEV, SIT, UAT, and Production – with infrastructure updates as well as database maintenance process.